View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 09:05 AM   #1
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
Wicker bill and Track Performance

I was perusing a thread where some were debating adding the ZL1 1LE wing to the Z/28. Not sure it would get the results they're looking for since the front and rear aero must work in unison (and...the 1LE trunk had to be reinforced for the wing) but I digress. In that thread some were calling the wicker bill a gimmick and talking about how it slows the car at 100 MPH and whatnot. The latter may be true, so if interested in 1/4 miles times only then it may perform better sans wicker bill.

For those who are debating it, I thought this article may help clarify that it's a performance enhancer on the track. Also, keep in mind that it has 2 settings so it can be raised and lowered.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...-track-retest/

Also, I've had a slight itch for the ZL1 1LE, but that wing.... I just don't think I could do it. If tracking only, then for sure. Also, the LT4 is nice, but it's not an LS7. I've heard both (in stock fashion) on the street. The ZL1 sounded fairly crappy IMO whereas I could hear the Z/28 roar from 3 blocks away. Would like add'l HP and some more lope so modding the LS7 is likely my route. Plus, I just don't think I could hand over the keys to my Z w/out immediately regretting it.