View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 11:17 AM   #13
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
How do you feel the value of used Camaro’s will be impacted when they go bye bye? I personally think with the advent of EV’s, used ICE cars will increase in value. Not everybody is willing to make the switch. Me being one of them.
It is tough to say. I think desirable enthusiast ICE vehicles should hold their value as they will be able to provide a driving experience that an EV just can't.

I own a Tesla Model 3 and a ZL1 for this reason. The Model 3 is great for daily driving duty, low operating cost, great tech, one pedal driving, autosteer on highways, etc. but it can't deliver that visceral engaging experience you get from a performance ICE based vehicle. It is the exhaust and engine noise, vibration, tire spin, rise and fall of the RPM through the shifts, interior gauge cluster, performance seats, etc. that helps add to the experience.

I am hopeful that GM and others will find a way to deliver great driving dynamics in their upcoming EVs but as a Tesla owner I am skeptical. I think new EVs owners will initially be pleased with the low operating costs and instant torque of a BEV but once the honeymoon is over true enthusiasts will miss the drama and personality that a muscle car can offer. Interesting times ahead.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote