View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #756
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashstat View Post
A dealer cannot perform any service to your car without your consent. That is the law!
Wow you are mad and slightly irrational over this.

It's also the law that they can't use parts ID'd as a safety recall.

They will hand you the new key and you will go berserk.

And they will say "I'm sorry sir, but your key failed and we had to make a new one."

And you'll hire a lawyer and file suit to make them pay! And you'll lose your suit.

-Or even better-

They'll call you on the phone and tell you it broke. And you'll go berserk. And you'll tell them "Don't you dare make me that new key!!! I mean business!!!"

And then they'll say "Sir your car won't start without a key. Get a flatbed over here and try to find somebody who will make you the old one". And you'll take the car on the flatbed. And you'll try to get an old key.

And then you'll bring the car back to GM. On the flatbed. And then this time you'll pay for a new key instead of getting it for free, because dadgumit, you didn't authorize them to give you that free key.

-Or even betterest-

You'll sell your car. Or try to. And in a private sale you'll hear "But isn't that the key that could kill me and all my kittens and cripples and nuns and children and elderly parents and innocent people too? I'll give you 5 grand"

Last edited by ChrisBlair; 06-14-2014 at 03:14 PM.
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote