View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #13
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
Drove a 2007 LS2 C6 w/ 4500 miles on it and....

...I honestly wasn't impressed. Maybe my expectations were too high. The acceleration wasn't what I'd expected when I ran through 2nd and 3rd gear. Though I was able to break loose making a right turn from a standstill, I think that was more due to gravel since I never took the traction control off. The steering was a little heavier than I'm used to, but it did handle well once I got used to that. The clutch let out a little high on the pedal, but was very clean on let out. The shifter had a lot more movement to it than I'd thought it would though.

With the interior...while it had the HUD and Nav, the pushbutton start and all that stuff, the interior overall was nothing that a 40k car should have with its cheap flimsy plastic that rattled. The removable top creaked and made cracking noises as well.

The fit and finish on all the Camaro's I've seen in person was FAR superior to this Corvette (tech stuff aside).

So for those that have driven both...hows the acceleration and handling on the 2SS relative to a C6 LS2? Is it comparable on the butt dyno?
I am scared to say anything again about this. Last time I did I got smacked down Any way, I sold my 2007 LS2, 1LT, 6MT with 17K on it for $29,500 in July. Got my 2010 two weeks ago. Best thing I ever did! If you want to talk more PM me. I live in the "sticks" with lots of twisties. Camaro takes them just fine. I can't give a "true" butt dyno yet becasue I am still breaking in but your above post is dead on. PM me and I can tell more about the corvette -vs - camaro in my opinion if thats what you want.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote