View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 12:26 AM   #5
simon777

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Thank you all for the replies so far. Still no luck with resolving this noise.

I bought and replaced my end links with the MOOG ones you recommended Dswift. I agree, these are a much better part and I wish I bought them to begin with. So easy to install these with their design. They unfortunately didn't fix my problem, but it these are cheap so worth the try. I'll try adjusting the strut assembly and see if that helps.

I will try going back and lubing the poly rear trailing arm bushing Avenging Orange. While I'm at it, I'll try lubing the sway bar bushings as well since I've read about others on here trying that and it's supposed to help with noise.

That's a good thought Alan. I'll keep that in mind if other solutions failed. The one thing against it being a knuckle bushing to me is that the noise goes away in the rain when the suspension is wet. I'd guess if this were the source, I don't think it would go away.

I'll be sure to post the solution once I figure out the fix for this.

I swapped tires at a Firestone this week and had one of their techs look at it. He blamed the lowering springs, but admitted he wasn't 100% sure and recommended taking it to a performance shop...

I lifted the rear with a floor jack and thoroughly sprayed the springs again with the coils expanded to get lube in between the coils. This made no difference with the noise. I guess it's still possible it could be the coils, but given this, I'm thinking not given the noise corrects in the rain.

When I get a chance, I may just take a spray bottle and water different components until the noise goes away to track this noise down. I feel like I'm getting closer to solving this.

I acknowledge it's not going to be quiet given the nature of my setup, but when the sound drowns out my loud exhaust and loud radio, I feel like this can't be correct.

Anyone out there with Hotchkis lowering coils that has constant loud noise with them? I can't imagine Hotchkis would sell these if this is what they heard during testing so I'm thinking it's either another part making the noise or I installed them wrong.
simon777 is offline   Reply With Quote