Thread: ZL1 Automatics?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 01:19 AM   #15
NorthTex45thSS

Drives: 2012 45th SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edzo View Post
Like I said, if you have an SS, fine, I don't have a problem with you getting an automatic. I'm not saying sticks are the shit. But when you opt for 580 HP, it changes the game a little. Now you're talking race car not daily driver so much.
You realize that totally contradicts everything about (race cars) as you put it right?! For street daily driving and road courses stick shifts are more effective and feel faster in most cases, as far as drag racing goes automatics are more effective and faster! For a stock or bolt on car, sticks will feel faster and may be as fast or even faster than an auto with an excellent driver, but once you get to high and real high horsepower and get running really fast times auto is the only way. So it comes down to this, are you a road course or dd guy, or a dragstrip kinda guy? And if a dragstrip guy will you ever make big horsepower like 800+? I challange you to this, go to your local dragstrips, pay close attention to the fast cars (1/8 mile 7 sec or less 1/4 mile 10 sec or less) 95% in that category will be automatic transmission cars! In road coarse its not so much horsepower its more so technically efficient, smoothness, and handling! That is the short version of the reality of racing! Each has its own place and effectiveness! Just my 0.02 cents! Not picking on you man ive spent a ton and been in both worlds and that is what works!

95 Kenworth W900L