View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #72
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96CamaroSS View Post
Three steps, knee down, and he was reaching for the goal line. Not sure how that's not a catch.. It's not the same as the Calvin Johnson play everyone keeps talking about either. But whatever.. wouldn't surprise if Green Bay got destroyed next week. I thought the Cowboys were the only real challenge to Seattle going back to the Super Bowl.

I just hope they can bring back both Dez and Murray next year. :/
The steps he took make absolutely NO difference. Before he even put the first foot down, he was already off balance and going to the ground. At that point, it doesn't matter if he took 20 steps. His body wasn't under control, and he needed to complete the catch going to ground. Whether he reached for the goal or not...again, irrelevant.

Simply put, Dez SHOULD have secured the catch, ESPECIALLY on a 4th down. He, as a professional receiver, should know the rules as well.

Total fail by Dez for not completing the catch. It was the correct call, and Cowboys fans should quit whining about a correct call.