View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 10:40 PM   #84
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Agree! You can't leap for a touchdown if you don't have the ball! Lol.. So I guess we all know that it was a catch!
I really don't know where anyone is getting this "football move" crap, as that has nothing to do with maintaining control of a ball to the ground.

Again, number of steps he took and/or reaching for endzone have NOTHING to do with whether he made a catch. He was contacted by the defender and fell to the ground. He needed to maintain control. He didn't.

Every official that knows these rules agrees. Those that know the rule agree.

I didn't watch the call live, so I don't know how the announcers (who are usually idiots when it comes to rules) impacted how people thought about the call.

I was listening to people on the radio convinced it was a catch describe it. As soon as I got to a place where I could watch, I did. As soon as I saw the tip of the ball move when he hit the ground, I knew it wasn't a catch.

I welcome ANYONE here to show me a rule where he needed to make a football move when going to the ground...and where that has ANYTHING to do with the call that was made.

I reiterate that Dez Bryant failed to make the catch because he was not paying attention to the situation. He should have just tucked the ball in, gone to the ground...and made the catch.

I liken what he did to someone going in for a solo dunk, decides to get fancy and the ball slips from his hand and he rims it. Know the situation and know the rules (he is paid to know these things, right?). Hopefully Dez will learn from this.