View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #189
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Thanks for looking up the DA stuff guys, I just have not had time & thanks for the link. I had lost the one I used last time anyway.

I don't think there was much wind either day if I recall correctly. The thing about this track is it gets dewy & slick as the temps go down. There were lower temps & better DA's as the evening progressed but harder to get a grip. The last 2 runs, first one I chirped the tires a bit & the last, spun them a little so 60 ft suffered. I had removed my spare tire for runs at LS fest but it was hot as H-E double hockey sticks up there. I left the spare in and did have about 3/4 of a tank of gas (accidentally added more than I meant to) at MCR. I figured I needed the weight of the tire in the back to help me get traction on the hill. I also could have probably used a little less air in my back tires.

But is there anything more (other than any tweaks to the HP tune as it gets finished up & out of Beta & tires/wheels) I can do to the car? At the track someone said better spark plugs & wires but on C5 folks usually have said that doesn't make much difference. Clean the MAF? Check the throttle body maybe. I have a catch can but did not have it from the very beginning; one of the first mods though. I may send the info to my tuner & see what he thinks too. Any input appreciated.
Your 60's were basically identical... if you had a little bit of slip that would effect your ET, however it really shouldn't have impacted your trap speed. Based on the trap speed, especially, since the 60's were the same.. it appears to me your car is making the same power as before..
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote