View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 01:16 AM   #88
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
I am very happy that I finally put on wheel spacers! I have been going back and forth on the benefits and drawback of having spacers but after putting on the new rockers the wheels needed to be pushed out. I went on Taobao again and ordered 2cm spacers for the back and 1.5 spacers for the front wheels. Because the stock wheel studs on the front wheels needed some adjustments I took it to a shop that doesn't look like much but I really trust the owner. He is the one who repaired my bent rims in the spring. After just a bit of grinding he had the spacers on and tightened up in no time at all.

With BC coliovers and wheel spacers the tires fill out the fender so much better now. After going over some big pot holes on the way back there is no scraping or rubbing at all. Whats more is that the owner of the shop was really impressed with the spacers that I bought. His whole business revolves around wheel and tires and he felt that the price of the spacers and quality was fantastic and asked me to introduce the seller of the wheel spacers to him. That really set me at ease because I can never be too sure about the quality of things I buy from Taobao.

I'm not sure about any more future mods. I am leaning toward painting the side skirts the body color, I think that the faux carbon fiber makes it look a bit too busy.

Finally, even though I have only driven just a little while with the spacers, it does feel more planted and turning seems lighter. On my BMW I also have wheel spacers but didn't notice as much difference as I did on the Camaro. But then again the spacers on my BMW are much thinner that what I have on the Camaro.
Attached Images

rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote