View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 11:31 AM   #6
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjulie83 View Post
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in forever and could really use some advice. Long story short, my 2010 SS has been sitting for about 3 years....yes that's terrible and I am so mad at myself for it....had two kids, car seats don't fit, blah blah blah, excuses excuses. Anyways now i'm ready to get it back on the roads and never let it sit again. I really miss driving it.

I know nothing about cars and my husband knows very little. Right now my plan is to take it to an auto shop that charges $70 to do a full check on the car and tell me what needs to be fixed. I'm nervous to try and drive the car to the shop too so I also plan on having it towed there....i'm worried that if I drive it there then i'll cause damage.

I don't like the thought of paying someone $70 to tell me what needs to be fixed. I'm trying to keep from getting screwed over. I'd rather go there and tell them what needs to be done and pay them money for actually fixing things. I know it needs an oil change and new fuel. We are putting a new battery in it ourselves this weekend so that will be done. How do you guys think I should approach this?

I wonder if i'll need new tires too......I'm betting so. The car was running fine before I let it sit except that the A/C had stopped working.

Thanks,

-Julie
3 years .....your not a idiot life happens and priorities change at least you didn't sell it.a few hundred bucks and let the good times roll.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote