View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #93
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
JP,

I highly recommend Pedders street friendly urethane golf shoe inserts. We have a variety of wedge angles to adjust your stance and improve you swing.

The lowest hanging fruit for ANY Camaro owner, the very first mod that EVERY Camaro owner should make is to install Pedders EP1200 Sub-Frame Inserts. Rear end step out unsettles the car and make it less predictable. All a top flight professional drivers ever asks for is stability and predictability. The first foundational step to that in a 5th Gen Camaro is installing EP1200s.

Pete was correct in that the sub-frame inserts made a huge difference in the cars handling and feel over the rough roads. The rear of the car feels more like the front of the car now, no rear end step out on the nasty bumps on the twisties in Rock creek park on the way to work. Car stayed planted instead of hopping too one side or the other when taking those curves today.

Please let my wife and three daughters know that I was right about this or anything else for that matter.

We are in business to sell suspension parts for late model American Muscle. I would love to tell everyone on the Camaro forum you need thousands of dollars of Pedders bits to make your Camaro even better than it was when you drove it off the showroom floor. The truth of the matter is you don't. A larger front bar and sub-frame inserts transform the car. Please excuse the use of that word, but they do transform the car. Add the inserts for the radius bushes and the car is next to perfect for 80 to 90% of Camaro owners. There are a hard core group of performance drivers that will benefit from more suspension modifications and we have the bits they need at Pedders for them.

The point of my involvement in this thread was to prove what we already knew to the people that count most -- Camaro5 Forum Members. On a very small budget you can TRANSFORM your Camaro and maintain 100% of your OEM ride quality. I want to thank JP (who has been confusing me with his initials as they are the same as my screen name) for his accurate and candid posts. How accurate are they? I could have written them myself and would not have felt the need to change a word compared to his. JP's comments have been dead nuts spot on accurate showing he is aware of what his Camaro was doing and how the parts that were added changed the driving experience. So here it is --

Thank You Jean Pierre. Thank you for trusting T and T and Pedders. We appreciate your business. Welcome to the Pedders Nation!
Let your family know that I will certify in writing that you were actually right about everything you suggested I do regarding my camaro suspension. They can then frame it and give it to you as a fathers day gift.

Glad to be a part of the Pedders Nation and hope that others get something out of this thread. The solution suggested was probably the cheapest mod I could have done regarding the suspension but it is well worth it. Both the sub frame inserts and front sway bar made a very noticable difference in the ride quality and performance of the car during daily and highway driving.

Thanks again Pete for the generous support and to TandT for doing a great install. I would definitely recommend this set-up to others that don't need a full race type set-up and more cash conservative.....ok broke camaro enthusiest.

Thanks JP
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote