View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I just sent this email off to Al Oppenheiser via Facebook. He is on there and I would suggest a nice email what is going on with our tops and what Chevy is doing to fix them.
Since he did say "So we made sure the tops would retain their quality for a long, long, time"
6 weeks is not a long time.
Here is the email I sent.

I have a 2012 1SS Camaro convertible that is going in for a new top with 2269 miles on it due to the rubbing and wear issue. Is there anything being done to address this? I have seen via Camaro5.com and numerous other fan sites that this is a big problem.
I found this quote from you around the time of the Indy 500.

“For many buyers, a Camaro Convertible can be a collector car, something they might keep for generations. So we made sure the tops would retain their quality for a long, long time,” said Oppenheiser. “There is great value in a convertible with the original top.” Oppenheiser knows the needs for car collectors well. He personally restored a 1969 Camaro Convertible several years ago.

Just curious as to what is being done. I have had my car for 6 weeks and it's been in for service 3 times already with a 4th on the way next week.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you.

Jason
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote