View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 08:19 AM   #11
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Once the rodents claim that area as their home, good luck getting rid of them. A few years ago, I had a squirrel make a home inside my left front wheel well. The only reason I saw it is the security camera in my garage was triggering at night.

First, I had to clean out all the acorns stored in the wheel well. Jacked up the car, pulled the wheel, pulled the wheel well. There was enough acorns to fill a gallon jug. Cleaned it all out using GooGone.

Second, I had to figure out how it was getting in my garage. I use a can of expanding foam to seal every crack I could find. I put barriers at the corner of the garage roll up door.

Turns out, it was getting in through the drain pipe for my water heater overflow pan, about a 1" pipe. I put some cheese cloth over the opening and held it on with zip ties.

I haven't had any issues since I rodent proofed my garage.

Last winter, a squirrel made a home in the right front wheel well of my truck, parked outside. It was using the insulation as a nest. The only reason I found it is it had bitten through on radio antenna.

Again, I had to clean out all the nesting material and then replace the antenna lead. Replacing that on a 2500HD is a PITA.

Now how do you stop a rodent getting in a vehicle parked outside. .177 lead traveling at 768 fps. Once I got the offending rodent, no issues since.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote