View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #33
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
The one thing most of you are overlooking concerning gas prices, is where you live.
Here in N.Y.S and the area I live in it`s way higher than the national average,

Average prices for Western New York, Buffalo, Rochester and Niagara Falls.
Reg. 2.73
Mid. 2.84
Prem. 2.96

Florida (ave.)
Reg. 2.45
Mid. 2.55
Prem. 2.75

North Carolina (ave.)
Reg. 2.45
Mid. 2.55
Prem. 2.70
So yes, if gas price should go through the roof again gas prices in my part of the world is a very big deal.
If you live in the South you pay as much for High Test as I do for Regular, so consider yourselves lucky.

If you`re interested, look up the gas prices in your area and compare it to what others are paying.

www.gasbuddy.com
Im confused. Earlier you stated that money wasnt the issue. And then you post up average gas prices and then insinuate that's the reason why everyone else doesn't have a problem paying for premium, cuz we're in the south.

First I think you need to really think about whether or not you DO care about gas prices. Obviously the real answer is a big yes, otherwise you wouldnt have posted this thread.

Next, I want to hop in the go back machine and talk about when gas was hitting 6 bucks a gallon in some places. Everyone at my work was FREAKING out! As was most of the country. The funny part was one of our "Miltons" looked at me with his best bewildered look on his face, and asked... "What are you gonna do?????" I said with a smile.... FILL UP!

Honestly, we as individuals cannot affect the gas prices. When the prices go huge, all we can do is try to drive a little less, let the foot of the gas pedal a little more, and just keep on filling up.

Do I hunt for the cheaper gas stations when I have the time? YES! But, when I need to fill up, I really dont care how much it costs because.... that's the decision I made when I bought my SS. I think if you decide to buy an SS, you should make the same decision... 20 cents more a gallon is all it comes down to. If that's worth it to you to forgo about 4 bucks a fill up to know your car has the gas it was made to run the best on, then buy an SS.

If you feel like when the gas prices shoot up, you're gonna get cold sweats and try to save money everywhere you possibly can.... then buy a V6 and put regular in it all day long and twice on sunday.

That being said, it's your car, do what you want to do with it. But if I saw you at a gas station, filling up your SS with regular because you wanted to save a few bucks... I'd crack a few jokes at ya!

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote