View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #9
GeorgiaCamaro6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
I assume you are talking about the Connect and Cruise line? While yes, you get an engine with an ECU and harness... it's not technically just plug and play with YOUR car. It's plug and play for an older car. You power the ECU, and it has what is needed to fire the engine.

Our newer cars are way more complicated than that. The harness from the engine has to go to our dashboards, our ECM/BCM/TCM, etc. Sometimes you even need to worry about power steering, or brakes. Hell even the odometer is connected through the BCM on modern cars. It truly is a ton of work, and you will lose money and have an inferior car.

Yes you will have a sleeper look, but you also won't have a suspension meant for the power and weight, nor brakes for it. If you wanted the sleeper look, it truly would be easier and way more cost effective to just buy an SS and swap a v6 front clip.

Dang they changed the modern models that much? I mean i am no 30-40 year GM mechanic like my father,but dang. He was wondering the same thing when reading your post because the last Camaros he worked on was the Gen 4 models and knows what kind of heck they are to deal with.
GeorgiaCamaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote