View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #8
Bluestreak 2010

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Completing the "transformation"

My cosmetic modifications did not end with the ones in the previous post. Along the way I have added several others, all of which have contributed to my Transformers theme.

The first, and probably most simple was adding decals of my car's name in the Transformer text to the cowl and dash trim.
Name:  Bluestreak (600 x 450).jpg
Views: 2841
Size:  48.7 KB

Borrowing from one of the first glimpses of Bumblebee in the Transformer movies, I added Aesthetic Creations' Autobot logo decal to the steering wheel.

Name:  Autobot Steering Wheel Center.jpg
Views: 8012
Size:  91.7 KB

I later decided that I wanted people to be able to see the Autobot emblem on each external side of the car, so I ordered a set of painted bowties from Gary's Custom.

Name:  Custom Bowtie Close Up (600 x 450).JPG
Views: 5853
Size:  60.1 KB

I finally moved on to the engine bay. The stock engine cover just screams to be painted, and when I finally got around to it I replaced the bowtie center emblem as well.
Name:  Engine Cover Installed (600x450).JPG
Views: 2911
Size:  86.1 KB

Yet even with all of this, something was still missing. If my car has a Transformer theme shouldn't I know what it would look like if it could transform? So using this image of Bumblebee. . .
Name:  Original Bumblebee Image (600x450).jpg
Views: 2698
Size:  48.7 KB

I had Canadian airbrush artist Corrado Mallia adapt the picture to the color scheme of my car and update the head to more closely resemble that of Bluestreak from the 80's Transformer cartoons. The result:
Name:  Bluestreak Mural Finished (600x355).jpg
Views: 3366
Size:  167.3 KB
This is to date my favorite modification and definitely gets the most attention. A huge thanks to Corrado for the excellent work!

These mods have completed* my Transformer theme and given my car a one of a kind look that will never be duplicated!

(*--you never know what else may come along )

Last edited by Bluestreak 2010; 04-21-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Bluestreak 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote