View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #25
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Krazee, the one and only thing the online tracker is good for is identifying the build day. GM's workbench--which is what the dealers (and Becky) look at--updates once per day (overnight). So, on Tuesday morning 4/15 while you're waiting for them to get to work to check for you, your status on the tracker will have jumped to position 4. So you can be the first to know!

Then, as you've seen from My1SSLE's pics, the SSEs go to the offline striper so you'll get 'bayed' or perhaps 'intermediate delivery'. That takes a week. Then the wait for railcar starts.
Thanks for the info, Indy! Yes, I anticipate a wait after it gets built....aarrgghh! lol.

We are certainly a society of "instant gratification" aren't we?
My dad was a chevy dealer for years, in the '60s-'70s. When they ordered "new cars", it was on a PAPER FORM, and SNAIL-MAILED to GM's central office. You knew nothing about the status of the cars you ordered until a car hauler showed up at your dealership! I mean, NO COMPUTERS, NO FAXES, NO EMAILS....gad-zooks! Many times on a Sunday afternoon, I would go with daddy to the dealership because the car hauler guy would call and say he was there with a "truck load" of cars, and we would have to go unlock the back lot and make room for those cars. lol!