View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #172
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oklapike View Post
Considering the LFX (which I'm guessing is what the LF3 will be based on) makes between 300-323 hp (depending on application), I should hope the LF3 makes significantly more than 380 hp.
Its an eco-boast type engine, not a high-performance (such as GTR) type engine.
Boost would only be a few pounds to minimize the fuel economy penalty over a naturally aspirated V6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Oh I know Thought you personally may have known something about it.
Who says he doesn't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFWJR179 View Post
Imagine...

LS-7
Eaton TVS 2300 supercharger
675 factory HP to destroy Shelby GT500's

I'm just saying
Not going to happen. GM tried boosting the LS7 when they were doing development on what would become the LS9. It couldn't meet their durability tests (something about engines blowing up durring testing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
How many of these LS7 are there then. I keep seeing limited and they will no longer be produced since the Corvette will no longer use it.

I wish GM would release something regarding what kind of Camaro this will be used in. Part of me is wanting to wait for this oppose to the 1LE that I will be buying here come Wed. Perfect timing, :(
GM should have the capacity to build thousands of LS7s. I think I heard that the capacity of Wixom is something like 12,000 units. Currently, that includes LS7s, LS9s, and handbuilt LS3s for the Grand Sport -as well as some crate engines and I'm not sure what else. Since most, if not all, Corvette related production will be going away for the 2014 MY, there will be a lot of potential at the plant (there has been for a while now but thats beside the point).

From the looks of things, its possibly going to be part of one of the existing trims as there were no new trims listed in the VIN form.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote