View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 03:53 AM   #31
Truck Norris
Thread Mover

Drives: a Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by red70tvhs View Post
If you remember correctly I said ford uped the game alot. I do know its a 4v DOHC motor, the modulars were actually pretty pathetic IMO as a motor goes until the past few years. It took ford so long to actually do somthing with theyre Modular setup. I owned a 2011 F-150 with a 5.0 I know they are good motors, I owned a 2007 F-150 with the 5.4. Wasnt thrilled with the motor at all BUT I never had any problems out of it and it'd climb a tree if I wanted it to, but I wouldnt expect any less from a ford truck. Big Ford Truck fan here. Im glad theyve pushed forward and FINALLY come out with somthing worth a damn in all honesty, makes for good rivalry/competition. I give them props for being inovative and persueing it, but it took them a LONG LONG time to do somthing with it. a SOHC modular motor i wouldnt own one by choice, but thats me. I want performance out of a car, great handleing, good ride, and considering I prefer single cam push rod motors, Ever sense I've gotten into cars I've been GM all the way... except for old school, I'd kill for a 69 GTO Judge, 69 Charger R/T, or a 70 Mach 1.... all im saying is for might finally be contending with the LS series... but look at how long it took to do so? Im not being a fan boy here, just saying "hey it took them a while" lol Im glad they are finally up here and got the head out of their arses for the most part. But if gm comes out with the next generation? by trends in history, is ford going to be playing catch up for a decade.. again?? or they gonna try to stay with them. I want to see them stay with GM, I want to see all these high powered muscle cars fighting it out on the street. I want to see love and appreciation for all cars amongst owners, but when the lights go green I want to see blood also! A full knock down drag out fight between camaro, mustang, challenger and any other muscle car they happens to be reborn. Not a push over race such as a LS1 fbod against a first generation mustang 4.6 all the way up til 2005 when the 4.6 finally made 300hp and wasnt just left in the dust instantly. Neck and Neck, different winner every time... just so I can drool! sorry for the preachy rant hah.
The SOHC 2 valve lightning motors are monsters, and once you increase the boost and go e85 they are good for over 800 foot pounds of torque and many boosted SOHC 5.4L's are ending up in drag cars and street machines taking down 800whp Supra's. The early DOHC 4.6L "Teskid" blocks were cast in Italy and are good for over 1,500hp and are very sought after.

The only mod motor that sucked was their very first one (215hp) which gave them a bad rap as seen even to this day. Most of the DOHC mod motor blocks can be pushed past 1,500hp and are never replaced with stronger aftermarket units like LS owners have to do once they reach their limitations.

There are stock blocked, stock cammed, stock displacement mod motors running in the 7's....how many stock blocked, cammed, and displacment LS motors out there are in the 7's or even 8's?

And this was all done before the Ti-VCT coyote motor was on the market. Now days there are bone stock 5.0L's but with 14psi of boost pushing over 1,000hp.

Last edited by Truck Norris; 07-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Truck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote