View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #41
spen5151

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 VR/ECF/Sunroof-Trad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Hey guys,

So last night as I worked on changing my bumper, I was doing a inspection of the underside of the car and realized that I had water dripping from the mid section of my exhaust. It is right were the X pipe connects to the pipes coming from the headers. I took a look at it and the pipes at that connection are rusting pretty bad. is this normal?? if there is water dripping out, isnt there also air leaking out??? Do I just need to make the connection tighter to make sure no water comes out??? what got me is that it was a lot of water in a matter of 3 hrs or so.

Any advice would be appreciate it,

Attachment 356851

Attachment 356853

Attachment 356850

Attachment 356852
I recently installed the Borla ATAK cat back on my SS m6. I did the install myself so I wanted to offer some information and advice. I am not sure what type of exhaust you have but i would check the instructions from the manufacture to see what they recommend for torque setting on the clamps. On mine Borla recommended 32-35 ft-lb max as higher could crush the pipes. Also I noticed in your photos that some of the clamp openings are right over the notch in the exhaust pipes, you want to ensure this is not the case as it will allow exhaust leaks and therefore water leaks. In addition I noticed your clamps are not relatively close to the opening of each of the exhaust piece that you are clamping down. When you tighten down the clamps you want to be over the notches as much as possible to allow a good seal. If I can I will take pictures on mine today and post, not that I am an expert but I do not have any exhaust leaks. For now I would recommend spinning the clamps so the clamp opening is not over the notches in the pipes and sliding them back so they are closer the the end of the pipe you are clamping down.

Traded:
2011 Camaro 2SS IOM, RS, Polished Rims, Sunroof, Black Stripes, Hurst Shifter
Mods: Borla ATAK Cat-Back, CAI Intake, Skip Shift Elim, Tint

Last edited by spen5151; 04-15-2012 at 11:23 AM.
spen5151 is offline   Reply With Quote