Old 09-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
MrBowTi3

Drives: 2013 1SS Victory Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
Have you read through this?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246800

If its TLDR...
1. Only you can answer that. But the transmission and rear gear changes from a regular SS you will notice in the butt-dyno. I have had gears for 2 yrs.
2. I really can't imagine that GM would release a car to the public that would be irritating to drive on a daily basis. Probably just slightly firmer than stock, and less body roll. Irritation factor would mainly depend on the quality of roads in your area.
3. The engine is unchanged from the SS. Exhaust items are easy to mod on any Camaro.
Bottom line, there will just as many mods as the current lineup.
4. I will go slightly out on a limb and say that the 1LE might turn out to be slightly more in demand in later years. Possibly collectible worthy. I doubt the dealers will be ordering hardly any for their showroom. They sell plenty of V-6's and SS, with a occasional ZL1 thrown in. I bet the 5th gen 1LE could sell in less numbers than the ZL1.

Thanks
1. For me it is just a thing of being called a track car so much I just wasn't sure if that would mean it would better serve that purpose than a daily driver I mostly want it for the aesthetic things than anything else mainly because I will be modding it.
2. The stiffer drive is more of what I was trying to talk about not so much uncomfortable but I have a stiff ride now and it might be more stiffer than the Camaro might be since its an older car but I know the roads around my school aren't terrible but they are far from smooth, I guess its something a test drive can determine I'll have to call around Atlanta dealers.
3.Just making sure this will be the first car I'll be doing serious mods on
MrBowTi3 is offline   Reply With Quote