View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
I simply want to justify to an average person why spending a few thousand more on a Camaro really isn't as bad as you make think. Now this is sticky territory, some may not agree, or I may miss a valid point, but i think it should help. Now most of us know this technique, but rarely take time to actually use it, and put it down on paper. Now, to work you have to be fare to yourself, and the two vehicles, you may want to through in the Challenger as well. Now I am using what I think the Camaro will have, it may be different for you, but i think most of us know the basics. Circle the one you like most.

Base V8 Mustang Vs. Base Camaro
MSRP 26,240 (Ford.com) 28,999 (Guessing) as good of a guess as any
4.6L (How old is this engine?) 6.2L LS3(Corvette Motor, Updated) Stang is supposed to get a new 5.0L soon. And what about the 6.0L L76 (likely uptuned)?
300 (Camaro V6 Power) 400+ (Enough Said) probably, but we could get 'as low as' 361 hp -thats what the G8 GT gets
Ford Quality (opinions may very) GM Quality (Better)Mustang routinely gets awards for quality. Camaro should be pretty good considering other new cars they have out.
1 year free of On Star..NOPE/NOTHING On Star 1 year free
MPG 15/22 (Ford.com) Auto AFM pos 17/26 more?probably, it will be within 1mpg of that.
Out side design Out side design
Interior design Interior design
live axle pos IRS? Yes it will have it.
Resell value resell value

That is just a few of the top of my head. Can you guys think of any more? I know we don't know anything in concrete on our beloved Camaro, but if we are honest with our selves we can make a pretty fair comparison. To me adding in the value of some of those things make the Camaro in my eyes a clear winner. Saving money on gas, On-Star, and the resell value, how mustangs can you find for sale cheap right now, alot! Money on maitnance. I can not wait for my Camaro.
responce in bold. The Camaro will be superior in almost every way, just voicing a little bit of caution up there. We can't guess at resale or maintenance costs though. and not everyone likes onstar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Having a "top dog" will do virtually nothing to hurt GM's Cafe rating. If they sell 8 thousand of them a year, I'll be surprised. That's 8 thousand out of nearly 2 million vehicles sold in the US.........(is it 2 million? I suddenly want to say 5)
You are right and wrong. GM sold nearly 4 million vehicles in the US last year, about half of them were trucks, which have a different CAFE rating.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote