Thread: Demon SS
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 05:53 PM   #10
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I haven't been in this thread for a while, so I owe some updates on this build. I've promised pics and vids of some of the parts, so hold tight while I get those done. I apologize to dynosteve for taking so long! The following work took place at the Corry Station Auto Hobby Shop. I performed the work. If you're in the military and not taking advantage of the MWR facilities at your disposal, you have no idea how much you can save on labor and learn about your car.

Dynatech Supermaxx 2.5" catback exhaust with X-pipe
This is a ferocious exhaust system. I had previously installed a Pypes axleback system—this unit is for sale, by the way—that sounded great but didn't have the same intensity as a catback. I chose to upgrade to this system based primarily on price and other good reviews. While I have a lot of admiration and respect for the high-dollar systems out there, I believe that a pipe is still a pipe, despite the engineering concepts that go into its design, whether it's manufactured by Dynatech or someone that wants to charge $41k for this Bugatti system.

Below, you'll see the only obstacle here. The kit did come with spacers for the stock driveshaft tunnel brace, but the brace won't maintain its stock geometry with spacers. For that reason, I'm open to any used or particularly inexpensive options for tunnel braces that will clear the resonated center of this exhaust system. Even with the spacers that came with the exhaust, I've heard some minor contact.

Here's an undershot of my pretty, new exhaust. It has no mufflers, but you can see a resonated pair of pipes where the OEM resonator used to be. The volume of these resonators is much smaller than the old system, and I wish I had done a weight comparison now that I'm writing this because the weight difference is substantial. Installing this exhaust was so easy that I left the instructions at home. It directly bolted into the SLP high-flow cats at the front of the kit. Dynatch provided good exhaust clips, and the kit hangs from OEM hangers. Because the exhaust has multiple bolt-on components, I easily adjusted the pipes so that the tips came out the diffuser where I wanted.

You can't have an exhaust in your build thread without an exhaust clip. A shipmate filmed this for me.

https://vimeo.com/120319804
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote