Thread: 1LE Fast List
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #35
Fraxum

Drives: 2018 A10 ZL1
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan1LE View Post
I picked up my 1LE in May, and have been loving every minute of it! It's been to two road courses, several autocrosses, and 22 1/4 mile passes.
I've been steadily improving my 1/4 mile times with practice, figuring out tire pressures, and getting better air. A week ago I got down to a 13.07 at MCIR in LaRue, OH, and yesterday I gave it one last shot to break into the 12's while it's still stock.
I went to National Trail Raceway near Columbus, OH and the conditions were great... 60deg, sunny, tailwind, sticky track. Ran a 12.858 @ 112!
I'm not sure what others are finding, but I've been down, up, and in-between with rear tire pressures (20-35psi), and got my best 60' and ET's with 34-35psi. Dropping pressures just seemed to make it wheel hop more and run slower on the big end. Also, I'm walking it out of the hole from about 2500rpm, shifting a little easy into 2nd to avoid wheel spin and bog (which I've been told is the torque management) and then powershifting 3rd and 4th.
Attachment 567312
Nice run! You just posted the fastest stock 1LE time so far. You would be #1 on the 1LE fast list if you want to post. You would also be #1 on the modified 1LE fast list. I needed DRs and a CAI to run as fast as you. Also that 112 trap speed is the highest I have see anywhere for stock non-ZL1 Camaros and I think the best 60' on the Goodyears.

With LTs and no tune I am at 12.42@114 But I know there is more. I was not aware of that easing into second trick. I will have to try that. With TC off I get all three shifts to bark, I wonder if that is hurting my times?

Last edited by Fraxum; 10-25-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Fraxum is online now   Reply With Quote