View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 12:50 AM   #9
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
You really shouldn't go by MMFF times. They always run faster times than the rest of the Magazines.
Its just like taking GM High Performance times for GM cars. Evan Smith ran something like 12.8s in a bone stock 98 Z28. But I wouldn't use that time as a standard.

Bullits are mid 13 sec cars if you look at the average times from numerous magazine tests. I've never been impressed with them. They usually run very similar times as stock Mustang GT's.

The new Camaro SS should run 13.0s - 13.3s @ 108 mph (on average) from numerous Magazine sources (Road and Track, Car and Driver, Motortrend).

And high 12s from sources such as GM high tech and Chevy High Performance. Heck, with Evan Smith behind the wheel at ATCO on a 30 degree day, the new SS could run mid 12s.

and my guess as to why those mags get better times then motortrend and R & T. . .they know the cars they are testing better. and personally taking a 98 z28 camaro with ls6 and headers to 12.5004 at 111 on fusion Z street tires and stock rims. . .I can see a mid 12 second 5th gen easy. but hey this is bench racing. be mid next year before we know for sure what the avg joe will pull.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote