View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #83
Lineman

Drives: 04 Tahoe and 2010 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalinc23 View Post
Man, you shouldn't have to deal with it, you paid a lot for this car. I would straight up call the service technician and phrase it like this...

"Hello I own a 2010 Camaro LT/SS with xxx miles, xx transmission. When I am over a certain engine rpm around 3000 rpms you can hear a sound from the console area that sounds like a gurgling or perkulating sound. It is really annoying and there is already a TSB out for it that repairs the problem as it is quite common, # xxxxx. I know it requires a one way valve which may have to be ordered to complete the install. Could you pull up that TSB for me and schedule a repair for it as soon as you can?"

Just dont make it a choice. Thats what I did and they were very receptive, found it and ordered the part for me. I HATE how most service techs dont believe you or want to hear it themselves when you are SURE what the problem is. They are probably used to idiots coming in that have no idea what the root of the problem is and do no research first.
I did this - twice. There's been no change to the sound. The one way valve DID NOT change the sound in any way. It's like having a girlfriend who has a laugh that you can't stand, but she's so much fun that you can't give her up.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote