View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Ok, now I'm a believer...

...in the foam gun! I always thought it was kind of a fluff step that would be nice, but not really that big of a deal. Well I finally ordered one, and holy cow I never thought it would make such a huge difference. I bought the Gilmour FM2, and put it on the second soapiest setting with 4oz of Adam's wash in the tank. It clung to the car very well. I was nervous about this wash because I just finished the 1100 mile trek from Dallas to Michigan, and bugs and road debris were everywhere. I foamed the car up, then got my two buckets ready while it soaked. I was amazed at how effortlessly the washpad moved across the paint. I felt so much more confident than normal that I wasn't causing any damage, even though the car was much dirtier than normal.

Before I did that though, I washed the engine bay for the first time. I double-bagged plastic grocery bags over my KN filter and put one over the fuse box. Then I just lightly rinsed, sprayed some APC and brushed it with the boar's hair brush. Rinsed it off and let the car idle for about 15-20 minutes. Was a real breeze. The engine bay looks a lot better now that it's dust-free. I treated the plastics with Super VRT and In and Out spray, and my painted engine covers with Americana. Next time I would be less hesitant when spraying, I was super cautious this time and as a result I didn't get everything as clean as I'd have liked to.

I topped off my afternoon with vacuuming out everything, cleaning the cargo mat in the trunk, doing some quick cleaning inside, sealing the windows with Adam's Glass Sealant (best stuff they make by the way), and topping everything off with a nice coat of Americana. I also dressed the upper and lower grilles with In and Out spray, and of course the tires with SVRT.