View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
OXCatLove

Drives: 1997 Z28
Some Cool Car Photos From PRI

Hey everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend. Had some friends shooting up at the Performance Racing Industry Show and they had some bad ass photos from PRI just wanted to share them. My favorite was the black Camaro with the LS in it. https://theblock.com/news/chevrolet-...ive-chevys-pri

With such a wide variety of cars and parts at the show it’s easy to run into a few that really make an impression on you. And that’s why we took this opportunity with Russ O’Blenes, Manager at GM Racing Powertrain Group and Robin Wright, COPO Powertrain Project Manager, to discuss what they thought were the top five Chevrolet cars at PRI.
#1 - ’66 Turbo Nova

Robin Wright
This Nova has retained all of its stock chrome, its very tastefully done, but very extreme in powertrain content. The car obviously has to be wicked fast, but they didn’t chop the car up into a million pieces, so it’s got a nice classic look to it. It’s just beautiful. The stance is gorgeous, the paint color is perfect, they just completely nailed this car.”
Russ O'Blenes
“The hot thing now is the 10.5” tire cars and this Nova is the epitome of a 10.5” outlaw car to me. It’s methanol injected, but driven on the street, it’s got the big turbo, non-intercooled, all steel roll up windows, all the chrome, it’s just a very clean execution. The wiring is nice, the interior isn’t overdone, it’s just a very nice package.”
#2 - ’63 Grand Sport Corvette Replica

Russ O'Blenes
“This Grand Sport Corvette Replica is a very nicely done car, very time-correct. The Grand Sport is really one of the icons of GM’s racing heritage from the 60’s. This car is so well done, it’s got the knock-offs, the side pipes, but with some modern safety and powertrain upgrades. On the whole it definitely captures the feeling of the GM factory racers from the 60’s.”
#3 - American Racing Camaro

Robin Wright
“The stand-out feature of the American Racing Camaro is that they retained a lot of the factory architecture for powertrain, meaning the independent rear suspension, the production LS3 cylinder case, they basically did a really good job of making a super fast race car with a lot of the production architecture. The car doesn’t have a lot of modifications done to it, it’s very clean execution on all the plumbing and wiring, and all the mechanical details are 100% on this car.”
#4 - ’69 Camaro

Russ O'Blenes
“One of the things that really stood out to me on this RS Camaro was how nicely executed the LS3 package was in the car. This is a great example of an opportunity to use a connect and cruise type engine package in a pro-street type vehicle. Lowered suspension, big brakes, big tires, but nicely executed. The interior isn’t overdone, but it’s got nice upgraded seats, leather and air conditioning. It’s got all the amenities, including that really nicely executed LS3 integration.
#5 - ’67 Chevelle