View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #36
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
It is important that everyone understand Pedders does not make partsfor race cars. Pedders builds bits for the enthusiast that wants 90% of track handling with about 90% of OE comfort. Becuase most street vehicles have more RWHP, BHP and weight than the largest tires that will fit in the wheel well can handle they are diving an under tired car. A Formula 1 car weigh about 1500 pounds and the rear wheel are t h i s w i d e. For a Camaro that weigh more than twice as much the rear wheels would need to be t h i s w i d e . Becuase we have so little rubber under our very fat street cars that occiasionally see the track we are under tired. That mean our coil, damping and bushing rates must be much softer or we over heat tires and get slow by working them too hard. This is why Pedders streetable (soft) urethane and daily driver comfortable coil and damping rates work well on the track.

I take our bits to the eXtreme with project cars to deomonstrate this. The Camaro will beone of our most exciting projects to date. I hope you enjoy our build as much as we are.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote