View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #172
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
The 302 with the 30/30 cam would still be limited to that rpm range. The ability to rev higher would not help it make additional hp.
The cross-ram was dealer installed.
Would like to see dyno numbers.
Your point?? Limited to what RPM range??? By the very fact of having a shorter stroke, the 302 would be much more likely to acheive higher RPMs, the very fact that dynos of 302s show them still pulling strong with more horse power in the 7000-8500 RPM range should tell you something, production 302s would pull 7,000 plus RPM right off the production line. The factory 302s were not so much limited by the 30/30 cam, they were much more limited by the valve springs and the fact that Chevy used press fit rocker arm studs instead of screw in studs. I think we all know the cross ram was dealer installed, again what is your point? The HP/RPM figures in my earlier post were dyno numbers taken from Chevy's own tests on in-house developement engines. I bought a '69 Z/28 DZ302 new in 1969, I and many other owners from back in the day can attest to the high revving ability of the 302s. Go look at technical articles on engine building and RPM dynamics, you will find that the shorter stroke makes high RPMs easier to acheive.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote