View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #7
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
You should be able no problem with your engine to get a cam installed. You probably have at least 100 thousand more miles before time to worry about some compression test. I agree the lifters are toast so pulling the heads is required and you could like I have: gone cost effective with new GMPP ported heads that are only $1200. I got mine from Summit and switching the Springs would be that much easier with the heads off and you could really check out your bore.

A stroker will make more torque which is nice but not necessarily the easiest most cost effective way to make power as our cars are undercammed and can gain easy 75 h.p. from a cam swap and tune depending on how radical you want to go. I would also with the miles on your car want to change out the rocker arms maybe just for safeties sake as its cost effective preventative maintenance. Don't believe: look at the 525 hp ASA cam shaft crate engine...... same exact engine but tighter LSA cam with more duration and LESS lift than our stock cam at .525..........not .550.