View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #78
xfilerguy

Drives: not yet ordered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
The car posted in these pics should not and likely would not make it through quality control. In usual paint color systems the base coatings used on different materials are varied to allow the top coats to show the same final. This Camaro is not a production car (is it?) and may have been let go for expediency for a show or something although I would think GM wouldn’t want the public perception to be tarnished. What you see happens but it does not make it through final check. There is a shade difference allowed between panels but apparently it is so barely visible you can’t see it by the naked eye! One of the base coats thickness is likely out of spec.

Don't be afraid to buy the RJT, this anomaly won't happen to our production Camaro. You know if this made it to your dealer you would get a paint job to correct it but you do not want the GM dealer’s body shop finish. With the priority GM is placing on this car , trust me, GM would rectify to your satisfaction.
I have ordered ABM and seriously considering RJT even with this faux pas. I wish there was a GM paint dept person to speak up on this cause this is a gorgeous color that needs to come out. But then again......if less buy it cause of this the showing, the more "Rare”! My car will be if I get it RJT!!
I, too, would think, "They would have to be stupid to release a car where the color of the bumpers doesn't match the rest of the car", but this is GM we are talking about. He he he....But in all seriousness, I'm torn between black and RJT. I think the car looks great in both, but I am really hesitant because if I ordered RJT and my car came out like the pics on here with the miscoloration --- I would be furious. But then again, black is a b*tch to take care of, so i'm torn. But a clean black camaro cannot be beat!!!

Yes, it would be nice if GM paint person could alleviate my fears.
For now, I'll just have to wait to see it in person at a dealer to decide.

Who knows...by the time they on dealer lots I might fall in love with ABM or CGM or IOM --- so many good choices!!!
xfilerguy is offline   Reply With Quote