View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
madbee1993

Drives: 2013 camaro 1lt
I need some clarification

Hello all! I'm new to the forum and I have a few questions. I am a proud owner of a 2013 camaro 1lt. The car is great so far, I have no complaints! So far I blacked out my wing, tail lights and bezels, all emblems, and the rims. The only thing I did to the exhaust was chop off the turtle shells or mufflers (not sure what they are called) I replaced them with straight pipe. This mod made the car sound awesome! Ill slowly get up to 3500-4000 rpm and let off the gas and a series of aggressive pops come out. I think it sounds great. That's all I have done so far. now for the questions:
1. Is my current exhaust set up considered a straight pipe?
2. By removing the turtle shells do you compromise backpressure resulting in the loss of hp/tq?
3. If I plan on running a tt kit should I purchase the solo performance high flow cats?
4. In order to run rs halo lights what will I need? I already havw the actual halo lights. I bought one for 350 and the other one for 320. I believe it was a good deal considering the fact that they are in perfect condition.
5. Are the popping sounds I am experiencing bad? I really like the sound and would like to know what I can do to maximize these pops?
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you
madbee1993 is offline   Reply With Quote