View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbee1993 View Post
Hello all! I'm new to the forum and I have a few questions. I am a proud owner of a 2013 camaro 1lt. The car is great so far, I have no complaints! So far I blacked out my wing, tail lights and bezels, all emblems, and the rims. The only thing I did to the exhaust was chop off the turtle shells or mufflers (not sure what they are called) I replaced them with straight pipe. This mod made the car sound awesome! Ill slowly get up to 3500-4000 rpm and let off the gas and a series of aggressive pops come out. I think it sounds great. That's all I have done so far. now for the questions:
1. Is my current exhaust set up considered a straight pipe?
2. By removing the turtle shells do you compromise backpressure resulting in the loss of hp/tq?
3. If I plan on running a tt kit should I purchase the solo performance high flow cats?
4. In order to run rs halo lights what will I need? I already havw the actual halo lights. I bought one for 350 and the other one for 320. I believe it was a good deal considering the fact that they are in perfect condition.
5. Are the popping sounds I am experiencing bad? I really like the sound and would like to know what I can do to maximize these pops?
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you

1. Yes, if you removed the mufflers it is considered straight pipes.
2. I myself can't answer this one, it is debatable.
3. Don't think it would be necessary. If money isn't an object and you want the exhaust to flow free with the TT's it might help.
4. Search the forums, I have no answer on this one.
5. I don't think so. The reason you hear the pop is because it is not being forced out of the exhaust when you are under acceleration. Back in the day we called it rap. I don't mean to knock your set up but to me rap does not sound good in the V6. But that is just my perception.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote