View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
madbee1993

Drives: 2013 camaro 1lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
1) Yes
2) No.
3) Yes high flow cats would be a good idea if you're installing a twin-turbo kit
4) You need this harness from Gen5 DIY - http://www.gen5diy.com/PnP_harnesses...dlight-harness

5) No, the popping sounds are the ECM cutting fuel as you decelerate. Completely normal.
@ The Stig thanks for the info on where to get the harness. Many people were saying I did not need one. I wanted to be sure before I took off my front end. Also do you know what needs to be done to maximize the pops? I'm gonna try and upload a video showing my exhaust note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
Madbee, take a look at my signature. Look familiar? I think I was next to you in traffic yesterday.

John B.
@johnnybfrompeoria where were you traveling yesterday I think I saw you too. Or someone with resembling rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
1. Yes, if you removed the mufflers it is considered straight pipes.
2. I myself can't answer this one, it is debatable.
3. Don't think it would be necessary. If money isn't an object and you want the exhaust to flow free with the TT's it might help.
4. Search the forums, I have no answer on this one.
5. I don't think so. The reason you hear the pop is because it is not being forced out of the exhaust when you are under acceleration. Back in the day we called it rap. I don't mean to knock your set up but to me rap does not sound good in the V6. But that is just my perception.

Dean.
@skibik ill upload a vid of the exhaust note it sounds good and it gets a ton of compliments. Last week I had a little free time and took off the cats just to play around. It sounded like a train lol. Very aggressive note just too loud almost deffening. After a series of aggressive revs my cel came on. I got scared and put them on quick. I wouldn't recommend doing it because you get no backpressure. It was fun though.
madbee1993 is offline   Reply With Quote