View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 07:28 PM   #56
joepeinado

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP
Alright, so I finished up the install for the front brakes. I was a bit skeptical about how it would feel replacing the OEM stuff with Autozone stuff, but...I really like the quality of it.

So my initial impression from the rotors was that it seemed like they had some scratches, dings, etc...took me a while to realize that it was a protective coating...not the same coating that you clean off with brake cleaner though, I tried that and it didnt remove it. So I installed them like that.

The pads seem great, I've seen ceramic and semi-metallic...the material on these felt/looked different. Must be that carbon material in them. They slid into the calipers with no problems.

On to the bed-in process/test drive. I felt that the brakes were rubbing a bit, I made sure that nothing was rubbing when I installed them. Turns out that the coating on the rotors was coming off every time I was braking...duh. Lol. Scared me a bit there, hopefully that coating doesn't mess up the pads. I might have had to get the rotors turned, but I have never done that with other rotors I've installed in the past. That rubbing feeling went away as soon as the rotors were clean from the coating so I went home to let them cool off. I couldn't brake them hard for obvious reasons but they seem to stop way better than the OEM, feels like they are biting down every time I stop, but that might be because the old stuff was worn down. I suppose that I need to get more seat time to actually notice the difference
Attached Images