View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 09:23 AM   #29
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Limited slip additive essential for the clutches etc in the rears when a stock internal, now if it were a Eaton posi I would love a truetrac...LOL that takes regular oil for a diff, or someone can upgrade oils like to royal purple or lucas or such and go by their recommendations but usually the stock oil and additive are fine for most who do not mod their rear..

I know Jannetty racing used too and I sure still align hone the rear outers on the pumpkin and sell billet bearing caps for the rear diff but the deal is you have to have it removed from the car..so if you have a place that can align the rear honing it better when the pumpkins out for say a new internal rear with other gears and the whole thing out its something I would consider also. If the place I used had the ability to align the rear bearing area better...... heres a helpful article I still know has good advice........ The best or just about for a article that covers a lot......... http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-...parts-failure/ And like many on here run a catch can and a separate clutch reservoir through gen5diy...........

Last edited by christianchevell; 08-18-2017 at 09:34 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote