View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 11:05 PM   #84
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXTLEVL View Post
Was finally able to get some time to put stuff together. Although not as pretty as other installations on the thread , I think it will get the job done. I used the same number of fittings in the original configuration simply swapping the 3an equivalent hardline out for some 4an steel braided PTFE hose and fittings. The adjustment is right on top for easy access allows for some flex so I can access things easier. I went ahead and added new lines from the master cylinder and the transmission as well and wrapped them in some incredibly think fire covers from DEI. This stuff looks serious! Given my mass of pipes under the hood for the turbos I had to get a little creative with the hard line routing for the line lock so it’s a little close to the headers but I went ahead and wrapped all of the lines as well. Hopefully that, along with the incredibly high temp fluid I used, should keep my brakes from fading. I experienced that last year during a very hot, slow cruise (Woodward Dream Cruise if you’re familiar with it) and it was a little scary.

Attachment 1023166

Attachment 1023167

Of course I’ll need to control everything as well so I decided to put the boxes in the glove box to keep them away from the heat of the engine bay and make tuning them a completely in-car job. You’ll see I’ve got the 2000-2SR for my 2-step and them a CTAP and STOV to control turning them on and off at appropriate times. That took quite a bit of planning to ensure it would function as planned given the clutch release valve needs to stay on after the 2-step turns off so I couldn’t simply activate it off of the CTAP. Let me know if you guys have any questions about the wiring. I’m sure there are other ways to do it, and this may not even be correct or the best way but as far as I can tell it’s going to function how I envisioned it.

I’ve yet to get into the ECM to activate the VSS signal for the STOV but it seems pretty simple. Once that’s done it’s going to be a lot of trial and error on the street and the track to get it to work efficiently. Hopefully I’ll have some company in that endeavor come spring time.

Attachment 1023168
Nice job brother
You got me reconsidering placing my stov and ctap now in my glove box to. I like the convenience of access to the controllers there. I had my ctap in that driverside panel where the interior electrical fuse panel is. I haven’t had a chance to put the stov controller in yet but I did get the wire installed in the ECM and feed into the cabin of the car. Work stuff got busy past week and a half so I haven’t had much energy after hours to get the stov box wired in. Hopefully next week sometime I can get it finished up and set the signaling with the HPTuners. In a sense it was almost great I didn’t get it finalized since seeing yours wired in the glove box I think that’s a perfect idea and better location for the controllers.