View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #183
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
John,

I have a hole saw that would make a very clean cut of that. Stop by sometime and we can do it at my house. Then put a black grommet in the hole to give it a finished look. Oh and when you are ready to change out your head unit to Metra or Scoshe or Alpine let me know. I am doing the same thing and we can learn from each other.....maybe.
Tom that sounds like an awesome idea about the stereo install, I know you know your stuff and by the time I do the stereo we should be practically neighbors! We were hoping to do the hole this week while we're finishing up the Pedders alignment kit, and the final Pfadt parts to finish up the alignment, so I can join you guys at Paridise car show! The lead tech at the shop had to fly back to AZ due to family issue, so it's just been Ray & I ...needless to say things haven't been moving too quick but Friday is the goal!

I spoke with Eric at MPD1 yesterday and told him our plan to use the hole saw but he was a little skeptical about that, as that was our original plan. He recommended using a 1/8" carbine bit on an angle drill or dremmel, making our circle and then doing the cut about 1/16" inside the lines and then smoothing it out to the line with a small drum sander attachment with dremmel. I love the black grommet idea!! Man, you're a wealth of knowledge, can't wait until I'm a short drive from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
you always got something in your pocket john when will we stop spending or stop modifying ?
Looks who's talking!! The king of Lebanon I've got to keep up with some of these guys on here Pierre!! Besides I look at this way, when I moved to Cali last year I sold my other toy....the Reel Therapy

A 31ft Fountain Tournament Edition with twin Mercury Optimax 250s with a 200 gallon gas tank.....Just filling her up was $1000 But doing 65mph in 2-3ft seas shooting out 60 miles to the canyons to catch 300+lb Bluefin Tuna made it all worth it!! So in actuality I'm saving money (at least that's what I tell my wife)

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote