View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 10:54 PM   #22
Chris49066SS

Drives: 2010 SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
Love it Chris. Can’t wait for the next chapter. I can’t believe the trooper didn’t ticket you for a straight piped cammed V8. I know exactly what that sounds like (well really it’s music to my ears... I run cutouts right behind my cammed LS3 with long tubes and off road pipes) but I close them up and soon as I spot a trooper. Can’t wait to hear about the wheel debacle. I’m hoping I learn some things because I’m following in your footsteps. I know I need suspension work and cradle bushings like you’ve done and I need a budget minded drag pack. So I’m taking notes.
Thanks man, I will add that when I brought the Camaro down to GPI, I had been running open headers for 2 months; one of the off-road connectors came loose when I went over a speed bump. Open headers, due to the proximity of the O2 sensors to the opening of the collector/open air were difficult to tune, so GPI had to attach some connector pipes from the collectors to the rest of the exhaust. Once the tune was complete, we removed the connectors and converted it back to an open header setup. The O2 sensors still weren't happy, but I was happy with the sound. The check engine light would be on anytime I ran open headers, and would disappear when I would hook the connectors back up to run straight-pipe all the way back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
Chris- Your location says TN, but you talk about registering the car in Washington state. I'm guessing you live in Washington. Which end of the state? I'm in Boise, so not too far if you are on the east side.
Hey Z, I acquired the Camaro when I was stationed out at Fort Lewis, Washington. Then in December of 2016 I PCS'd (moved) to Fort Campbell. I did go through Idaho on my way down here, all at night though. You guys took way better care of your roads than Montana did when I came through!

Last edited by Chris49066SS; 06-01-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Chris49066SS is offline   Reply With Quote