View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumatic View Post
Since I have no experience with a ZL1 I will just give you some general tips.

Be sure to take a helmet, simple but since you have never been racing I wouldn't want you to go to the track only to find out you don't have the proper gear and they don't let you run. (I believe the minimum rated helmet you will need is a Snell M2005, could be wrong but I know a normal D.O.T. helmet will not suffice)

Once you learn what lanes are your staging lanes don't forget, you don't want to stage in the wrong staging lanes.

Its not a rule but it is common courteousy to not double bulb someone at the tree. If you are already pre-staged(first set of bulbs to pop on) just wait for your opponent to atleast pre-stage before rolling the second set of bulbs. This prevents the tree from automatically starting with out him staged.

After staging your eyes should be on one thing and one thing only, the last amber light. Once you see that light come on start going, if you wait for green you are way too late. (Try not to follow the light as it blinks through the amber lights, this makes you more apt to "sleep" at the light.)

Run your race, be sure to stay in the groove. If you are on the opposite side of the exit and finish before your opponent do not cut across his lane to exit, there is no way of telling if he is having mechanical problems or failures hindering his ability to slow down. There is 2 exits off the track so it is possible he turns off on the first exit, just use situational awareness and pay attention to your mirror. Since you will be driving a ZL1, you will likely need to use the second exit.

Most of all have fun. There is no other reason to be there other then to have fun. This is all just simple basics but I just wanted to be sure you knew them since you have never been racing before and Im unsure if you have ever went to the track and watched.
This is great advice, thanks for taking the time to write. I will be a first timer here too shortly.