View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 08:44 AM   #1
ZXCamaro
Banned

Drives: Camaro
1LE woes - misery loves company.

So Im still not feeling the recaros. Being a gentleman of a larger stature, they are not comfortable. I have a deal with someone with a 2SS to trade seats, but its making me nervous thinking about resale. The recaros are a big part of this car. And a 1LE without the recaros to me, would be less valuable. Now Im sure not every dealer would even notice. But my selling dealer claims they would. I asked when I took it in the other day for a wash.

Other notable things that are bothering me. No auto. I went from a 2017 charger Daytona 392 with literally the best A8 on the planet, to this manual. And dont get me wrong. The manual is very good. But its not as fast as the auto, plus my laziness is kicking in and I really would like to just relax when I drive. A big part of me is saying I should have gotten a 2SS auto, rather than the 1LE.

Heres the rub. I have yet to experience the car for what it was intended for. The track. For a street car, its ok. In complete touring mode, its livable but just barely. Put it in sport or track, and its so stiff it will rattle your teeth out. Im sure its glorious out on the track which im sure I will try at least once this year, but I planned to drive it quite alot on the street.

Do others feel this way about the car? Im sure there will be people saying they think its a great street car, and super comfortable and so on. I just dont feel that way. I have no plans on selling it, but this seat thing needs to get better. Im thinking about the trade and will most likely go through with it.

Im open to just buying a single 2SS or even a 1SS seat for the drivers side seeing as I dont have heated/cooled. But I would really want to keep the 1LE intact for when I do sell it. Im thinking my days of driving high strung race cars on the street are over. Meaning I would rather have a car like the Daytona 392 vs something so focus like this 1LE. Too late now... But any other opinions how I can make this car more livable on the street?
ZXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote