View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 08:29 AM   #13
paul2010

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Paul... where are you coming up with 1500? Is this IN PRINT FROM GM? If not, it's I don't believe anyone knows how many there will be. I asked my dealer, he asked during the Q&A with GM reps and their answer was... "let's just say there will be LESS ZL1s than there are Chevrolet dealers". To just say 1500 is misleading and unless you can source that info to GM, is speculation.

Ted... If your dealer will not input your order, something is fishy. They should have no issues putting it in and getting you a 6 digit number. Even if the don't have an allocation, they could still enter it. The system will not block them out if they don't have an allocation. I'm sensing something going on behind the scene they aren't telling you.
There are 2500 chevrolet dealers. Take less then half of them out and add up the amount of allocations. You will end up with 1500 as this comes from a very reliable source. I can say that I trust my source but everyone can believe what they want.

Below is what it says on the dealer gmlaunch.com.

How many Camaro ZL1 models will be produced?
Chevrolet will produce a number of ZL1 models less than the number of Chevrolet dealers (final production numbers will not be determined until the model year production run is completed in Summer of 2012). It is expected there will be high demand for this highly anticipated, high performing Camaro. An estimated production guide number was created to assist dealers in setting proper expectations. Your individual dealer’s estimated production guide number can be found on the home page of this Camaro website.

How was the Estimated Production Guide Number developed for the Camaro ZL1?
The Estimated Production Guide Number calculation is based upon 50% of all Chevrolet dealers' total retail sales and 50% of all Chevrolet dealers’ Camaro retail sales for the previous 12 months ending September 30, 2011.

What if my Estimated Production Guide Number is zero?
If your dealership’s guide number is zero (0), or you wish to submit orders over and above the dealership’s calculated guide number, you are welcome to do so; but processing priority will be given to orders for dealers with remaining, unfilled calculated guide numbers. Chevrolet does not guarantee placement of these orders for dealers. Furthermore, dealers should not accept sold orders from customers in excess of their Estimated Production Guide number.
2012 ZL1 #1278

2010 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
2011 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
paul2010 is offline   Reply With Quote