View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #7
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
I had this happen over the weekend, here is what I was doing:

I wanted to replace the 4 center bolts on the intake manifold, so I took the whole thing off, which requires unplugging the TB sensor wire. Hell I didn't even disconnect the battery (Yes, I am one of those knuckleheads)

Put it all back together and I was expecting a CEL. Well I got that and the sputtering and the message saying "Reduced engine power" I let it run for another 10-15 secs for it to calm down from the cold start, but it still sputtered, so I turned the car off, waited about 30 secs and started her up again and she came on like nothing had happened.

The CEL stuck around for about 8-10 more miles, the code was for the throttle position sensor being off, no biggie. After the 8-10 miles the CEL went away.

My suggestion, install the ported TB, make sure the sensor wire is plugged back in, start her up, I am sure the CEL and the sputtering will happen. Let her run a bit, about 15-30 secs. Turn her off, start her up again and see if she starts normal. If she does take her for a nice long drive with the wife/girlfriend. By the time you guys come back home, the CEL will probably be gone.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote