View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 07:05 AM   #310
JBsC6

Drives: 2008 Blk C6 Z51 NPP
I don't expect the price to be much different than today's msrp....maybe 5 grand more to start...

Cadillac funded a good portion of the bowling green expansion ...and probably has a hand in the c8 platform.

Raising prices to enter new market audiences doesn't seem a smart move..

Keep the base msrp within reason and offer up market options and models to garner greater profit...

Everyone gets lured in by amazing value pricing in everything they buy and then most just check off as many options as they can.

It's a formula that works for GM with the corvette...

The standard c7 starts at 55 grand and is currently selling at 43 grand..obviously options and models raise that price but discounts are out there..

The market eventually prices every vehicle.

I'm not saying the rear mid engine corvette will be the exact same price msrp as the c7 but it won't be that big a difference.

Hopefully GM will just offer up tons of profitable options for consumers to choose from.

Some buyers need that technical gadget, some need that leather covered whatever..

I'd be enticed with a 500 hp dct rear mid engine z51 model...1LT...

I've had all the optioned cars and for the most part...it's a six month play time and then I forget about most of the options and it becomes the motor, the transmission and the sports car chassis that I enjoy.