View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #7
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbabb View Post
This is the exact delima I faced. By the time I spend the money on the supercharger, suspension, brakes, driveline upgrades, clutch, & buy a decent looking set of wheels it is so close to the money for a ZL1 it isn't funny. Then it still looks like an SS with wheels. That's why I'm trading my 2011 SS for a ZL1.
I feel like this is a really good point.

And as others have said, it's super easy to modify a car to perform LIKE the ZL1. You could build a Toyota Supra that would outperform a ZL1 and still cost less than the ZL1, but thats a SUPRA. Do you want to be driving that?!?!!? And then there's no warranty on your custom Supra. And it wouldn't be a very good daily driver either. And it looks like a Supra. AND it is a Supra. That would suck.

Really the warranty is a good viewpoint. I know car warranties aren't for everyone, but with all the high dollar upgrades that come factory on the ZL1, I'd be really nervous and uptight if it didn't have a factory warranty.

It's just the same way you see Callaway camaros. Sure you could get an SS for cheaper and supercharge it yourself. But where's that warranty again?!

Alright, I'm beating a dead horse on warranties.....

(Can you get a warranty with a horse?)