View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #41
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeSS View Post
thanks, she is a lil banged up, but will be fine. had to take a week off of work to recover
she declined X-rays, but says her chest is acting up
Well She hit her chest on the steering wheel on the steering wheel.

Why is this?
my mom hit her chest on the steering wheel pretty bad, Im sure an airbag would have helped

as for my aunt, she hit her head on the column of the passenger side
which has the airbag sign, so I'm guessing it would have been better if she hit an airbag as well
Because when you are hit from behind, the first thing that you hit is the head rest. After that, all the impacts are usually going to be far less severe than if you hit something head on.

However, hitting an airbag is a pretty severe event in and of itself. In a rear end impact, its not hard to believe that it would be worse than hitting a plastic steering wheel mounted on a collapsible column. During a regular front end impact, the airbag is there more to protect you from the windshield & dash that the wheel.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote