View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #228
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
So with that in mind and the comments from an engineer earlier in the year that the new Z28 would be introducing a new platform, new interior, etc... maybe they WILL be introducing the new engine in the Z28. I doubt the new platform, but possibly the Z28 would be the intro car for the new engine. With all the Mustang has been doing with the new 5.0 it seems GM might not want to intro an engine that in 1.5 - 2 yrs will be obsolete when they already have it working!
I'm pretty sure this is the source article:
http://blogs.motortrend.com/6650713/...pha/index.html

This is the where he talks about the Z28 and Alpha
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorTrend
Stracke said [awkward ergonomics] won’t happen again. And that we’ll see hints of it starting with future models (hinting at the Z/28 again…) and when the all-new, Alpha-based (not Holden/Zeta) Camaro makes its debut
Itdidn't say the 2012 Z28 on the new platform, let alone introducing the new platform with the Z28 next year. Overexcited enthusiasts saw "Z28" and "new platform" together and connected them without thinking about it. But reading it carefully shows that the two aren't connected at all, aside from both correcting mistakes we have with the current car.

As for the Mustang, if GM wants to they could probably offer a track pack or something and outperform it. But since they're selling more Camaro's, with less incentives, I doubt they're terribly concerned about topping the GT's performance.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote