Thread: War in Russia
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #45
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Oh I agree that they have every right to be afraid. In fact, I'd be concerned if they weren't a little shaken by it. They'd know better than anyone if its a bluff, the Russians still have a top notch spy network, thats one of the things they've always done well. So unless these are merely token moves on their part (which is possible) I'd say the tech is pretty legit - you've been working on it for 20+ years. It better work.

Threats are one thing. Acts are another. Putin is a KGB thug, no doubt about it. But he isn't stupid either. He can push around little guys, but the US isn't the type to be easily intimedated. You might have your army tied up in Iraq and Afghanistan but you still have a few trillion dollars worth of navy and airforce that aren't too busy right now.
That's the cold hard truth, and Americans wouldn't hesitate to stand up to Russia. Historic precedents show how tough the US will stand even when tied up elsewhere. A nation as equally matched as Russia is a threat, but neither nation is likely to pull the nuclear trigger unless some serious conventional warfare comes to pass. Everyone remembers the Cold War era, and no one is letting that communist reputation go away quickly.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote